For more information about the Fractional Ownership Scheme, Please contact us:
Tel. +27 (0)44 382 2847
Knysna 500 Yacht
Our finest boutique creation yet...
From the beginning the passion-filled mission of the Knysna Yacht Company was to create an International reputation for building outstanding yachts as well as offering exceptional levels of customer service and satisfaction. Knysna Yacht Company has a long list of achievements, not least of which is a string of satisfied catamaran owners – investors in the Knysna 440 and Knysna 480 models. Now, based on the success of the Knysna 480 – an excellent sailing vessel in its own right – the new Knysna 500 is destined to become an icon in the company’s continuing success story and will follow in the wake of her sistership’s history and popularity.
The new Knysna 500 is a sporty, sleek yacht with an arresting profile, all presented in a total package of brilliance of finishes, comfort, luxury and performance.
Modifications effected in our new Knysna 500 include:
Coachroof: - Increase the size of the sliding hatches over the helmsman position
- New winch position to enable short-handed sailing
- Two electric winches now standard
- Dedicated halyard for lifting tender
Engine Room - Modified engine compartment access hatch
- 54Hp as standard
Cockpit - Icemaker
- Day bed as additional option
- Wide aft transom and redesigned sugar-scoops
The Knysna 500 is a world-class yacht offering a new benchmark in catamaran standards and boutique customisation. It is sure to appeal to multi-hull enthusiasts and adventurous blue water cruising yachtsman worldwide.
A cockpit that’s designed for the dedicated yachtsman and the captain who’d like to socialise while island-hopping. It offers an opportunity for guest, helmsman and the chef to socialise in an area that’s safe from the elements, well-ventilated and fully protected. Placing the helmsman in exactly the right position so that he can be involved with his passengers from his commanding post while views of the sails and winches from the steering position are unobstructed.
- Full coach roof for protection against sun and bad weather
- Table with seating for 8 persons
- Sun lounger
- LED lighting and stereo sound
- Ventilation in sunny and hot days
- Ice-maker plus additional cooler box to keep drinks cold
- Lockers ideal for diving cylinders, fishing equipment, snorkelling gear, cleaning equipment and
- Easy and practical access to the life raft on the transom
- Roll-down blinds
- Transom shower
Equipment / Tool Room
Unique to the Knysna 480 and Knysna 500 catamaran owners’ version – this dedicated and spacious equipment area offers incredibly easy access to essential equipment and components. The equipment room has been designed with a sound seal to keep unwanted noise to an absolute minimum.
- 100 Modular water maker
- 6 kW generator
- Additional space for cleaning equipment and additional tool boxes
- Safe stowage area for safety box and personal equipment
- Well ventilated
- Easy access for servicing of vital maritime equipment
Equipment / Tool Room
Living is easy on board a Knysna 500. Wherever you look the yacht will delight you with her intelligently-planned layouts and fine-tuned ergonomics.
SALOON · The saloon offers upmarket finishes from the high polished floorboards to the visually pleasing printed fabrics, woven textures and upmarket marine coverings. LED lighting, flat screen TV, stereo sound and air-conditioning compliment this vibrant social area.
- Trosifol UV protected safety laminated glass windows offering effective heat-reduction and
inner laminates giving a frameless view of your surroundings
- Well positioned hatches to maximize ventilation
- The exquisite finish on our wooden lockers compliment the high gloss floorboards
- Generous headroom is in evidence throughout and saloon seating for up to 8 people
- The beverage counter includes a wine rack, glass holder cabinet and inset bar fridge
GALLEY · Perfect for easy entertaining or relaxing in exotic locations. The galley features an island counter for entertaining guest in the cockpit or saloon – to the delight of guests and the master chef... An AEG Eurogas oven and grill, AEG hob, mirror-finish 28 litre microwave, double sink and generous storage compartments complete this
attractive and functional space.
The Master Suite
The master suite... The ultimate Captain's Cabin!
- Utilise one complete hull for master suite
- Large slanted, vertical windows are create an ambience of light in the cabin as well as views of
the ocean while at anchor or sailing
- Spacious, air-conditioned and beautifully fitted out with every luxury and practical live-aboard
feature one would expect.
- Captain’s desk for a laptop and navigational gear, complete with ample power points
- A ‘floating seat’ for reading and relaxing
- Beautiful ladies vanity with large mirror and power points for a hairdryer or accessories
- TV system above open-ended comfortable berth with reading light
- Electric fan and stereo sound
- 5 Full-height hanging lockers and shelving in the dressing area
- Large private head with separate area for the bath and shower
Choose between high-gloss floorboards or plush carpeting which blends in stylishly with the rest of the high quality interior finishes. In addition to the Master Suite there are two comfortable en-suite guest cabins where passengers will feel right at home.
The Knysna 500 has a number of new features:
Please click on the Logo above to begin downloading the Specifications PDF file.
You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader: Click here to Get Acrobat