13,500 kg | 13.5 tons
1.21 m | 3’11.5”
15.24 m | 50 ft
50 sqm | 538 sq ft
2 x 57 hp Yanmar / Volvo Penta
75 sqm | 800 sq ft
13.77 m | 45.17 ft
600 lt | 158.5 gal
19.0m | 62.4”
7.96 m | 27ft
600 lt | 158.5 gal
The new Knysna 500SE (Special Edition) model is a sporty, sleek 50-foot yacht with an arresting profile, presented in a total package of brilliant finishes, ultimate comfort, luxury and performance. The yacht is fully equipped as a ‘live aboard’ with practical fitted equipment to ensure this lifestyle. Limiting our production to a maximum of 4 yachts per year ensures the highest attention to detail can be achieved.
Built to be robust, we give peace of mind to our boat-owners, regardless of where they choose to sail. And our close relationships with our clients ensure that the many customization options, construction planning and execution, and even a better purchase price, are all to the benefit the owner. The Knysna 500SE is a world-class yacht offering the benchmark in catamaran standards and boutique customization, and is sure to appeal to multi-hull enthusiasts and adventurous blue water cruising yachtsman worldwide.
Designed for the dedicated yachtsman and the captain who’d like to socialise while island-hopping.
It offers an opportunity for guest, helmsman and the chef to socialise in an area that’s safe from the elements, well-ventilated and fully protected. Placing the helmsman in exactly the right position so that he can be involved with his guests from his commanding post while views of the sails and winches from the steering position are unobstructed.
SALOON AND GALLEY
Wherever you look the yacht will delight you with her intelligently-planned layouts and fine-tuned ergonomics.
An upmarket affair – from the custom marine floorboards to the visually-pleasing printed fabrics, textures and coverings. Elegant suede-covered roof panels compliment the LED lighting, while a flat screen TV, stereo sound system and air-conditioning complete this vibrant and comfortable social area. A raised saloon floor ensures beautiful views from every angle. The rear bulkead sliding door opens entirely to ensure a free flow from cockpit to saloon.
We utilize one complete hull for master suite to give the Captain the ultimate in luxury.
The dedicated and spacious equipment area offers incredibly easy access to essential equipment and components.
Options for the internal arrangement includes either a 3 cabin or 4 cabin design.
- Fitted with a 360 degree solid fibreglass Canopy (Spray -Dodger) with safety glass insert to ensure Captain can keep eyes on sails.
- 2x Electric winches to enable short-handed sailing – now fitted as standard.
- Dedicated halyard for lifting tender, hoist/lower dinghy with extended boom-arm.
- Marine Compass
- 7412 GARMIN chartplotter fitted as standard, 3x GMi 20 Display for wind, depth and speed.
- Garmin VHF / DSC 200i Radio
- Edson Steering wheel (dished) with leather cover (optional)
- 1x GHC 20 display for Autopilot
- Electric up/down switches for safe and easy anchoring
- Windlass chain counter can be fitted as optional
- Yanmar Engine Instrumentation
- Hydraulic steering
- All 4 points of the deck (bow/stern/ starboard/port) is visible from the helms-position, very important for safe docking in marina.
- 2x 57HP Yanmar common rail engines. Custom option to fit either on transom in engine compartment with access safety glass hatch OR can be fitted under aft bed-bunk.
- A solid strong structure that is very functional and offers total protection over the entire cockpit, well finished with detailed headlining, well-lit and creates great atmosphere.
- 2x Safety Glass sliding hatches have been fitted which ensure good protection in bad weather as well as ventilation during sunny days.
- The Coachroof is a strong platform and gives great confidence to any sailor as it ensures safe sail-handling in any kind of weather conditions, from unzipping the stackpack, sail reefing and attending to the sheets and traveller.
- Practical platform; fit up to 8x 80 watts large “walk-on” type solar panels (798 x 695).
- The perfect platform for sunbathing & socializing besides that of the cockpit, foredeck and the trampolines.
- Another clever idea incorporated into the Coachroof is a neat raised lip detail along the outer edge of the Coach Roof which serves as a security handheld while walking on decks plus it also makes for a perfect rain water catchment!
- Solid fibreglass hardtop extended over the entire cockpit to provide shade and shelter from bad weather. The coach roof is safe to walk on if captain wants to set reefs, sails or simply open the stackpack. It’s also an amazing platform for tanning and socialising.
- Solid Burmese Teak table with seating for 8 persons (which can lower to become daybed as optional extra), and a Sun lounger.
- 4 LED Downlighters illuminate the table area while 2 Fusion waterproof speakers bring music outdoors from the saloon stereo system.
- 2 Glass sliding hatches (manual sunroof) built into the coach roof ensuring ventilation and breezes in the cockpit area on hot sunny days.
- U-line type Ice-maker (with corian top to form wet-bar) plus additional cooler box.
- Spacious lockers ideal for diving and fishing gear, tools and cleaning equipment.
- Easy access to the life raft on the transom.
- Sunbrella-type roll-down blinds enclose the cockpit to block extreme weather.
- Transom shower with hot/cold water.
- Permateek multicolour decking (under coach-roof area only).
- Glass windows are made from Trosifol UV protected safety laminated glass windows offering effective heat-reduction and inner laminates giving a frameless view of your surroundings
- Well positioned hatches to maximize ventilation throughout.
- The exquisite finish on our wooden lockers compliment the marine floorboards.
- Generous headroom is in evidence throughout and saloon seating for up to 8 people.
- The beverage counter includes a wine-rack, glass holder cabinet and inset under-counter combo fridge / freezer.
- Perfect for easy entertaining or relaxing in exotic locations.
The galley features an island counter for entertaining guests in the cockpit or saloon – to the delight of guests and the master chef. An AEG Eurogas HOB and oven and grill in brushed stainless-steel finish ensures easy cleaning, and the mirror-finish 28 litre microwave, double sink and generous storage compartments complete this attractive and functional space.
- Large slanted safety glass windows invite ample natural light and afford views of the ocean while at anchor, or sailing.
- Spacious, air-conditioned and beautifully fitted with every luxury and practical live-aboard feature one would expect.
- Captain’s desk for a laptop and navigational gear, complete with ample power points.
- A sofa for reading and relaxing.
- Beautiful ladies vanity with large mirror and power points for a hairdryer or other accessories.
- TV system above open-ended comfortable berth with ample reading light.
- Electric fan and stereo sound (optional items).
- 5 Full-length clothes hanging lockers and shelving in the dressing area.
- Large private head with bath or shower area.
- 100 litre modular water maker / Schenker Type
- 7 kW generator – Kohler
- Fuel Scrubber – Reverso FPS 80 (optional extra) (fit in Equipment room)
- Additional space for cleaning equipment and additional tool boxes
- Safe stowage area for safety box and personal equipment
- Well ventilated
- Easy access for servicing of vital maritime equipment
- Mast & Rigging Aluminium Natural Anodised / 2x sets of spreaders indicate strong quality build.
- TEAK catwalk with hidden “chain-guides”
- HARKEN Batt-Car System C
- DACRON Main Sail / Genoa Sail
- SCHENKER 100 L/p-h Modular Watermaker
- CLIMMA 16 000 BTU Air-conditioners (2)
- KOHLER 7kw Diesel Marine Generator (1)
- LEWMAR hatches
- HARKEN deckware incl 2×50.2 Radial Electric Winches / 5x 46.2 Radial Manual winches / 1×20.2 Radial Manual Winch.
- VETUS electric toilets – fresh water flush / no-smell sanitary hoses
- SPINLOCK rope clutches
- Pressured Freshwater pumps (2x interior) / Pressured Freshwater pump for deck wash
- Electric Bulge pumps (2) / Manual Bilge pumps (2) / Electric Greywater pumps (2)
- WINDLASS 1500 watts Quick
- U-Line Icemaker
- Cockpit Cooler Box
- Rocna 40 kg Anchor / 10mm Calibrated Galvanised Chain 50 meters / 18mm Anchor Warp 30 meters
- Safety equipment SAMSA including EPIRB GME 403G / 8-man Liferaft / Lifejackets / Horseshoe (2) / Danbouy (1)
- BBQ Gas Braai fitted on TRANSOM with “clip-over” tray
- FISH platform for prepping freshly caught fish (optional)
- DEDICATED area for storing Liferaft with easy access
- Diving Ladder with hand-holds for safe boarding
- Transom Shower (Hot/cold)
- Launching the dinghy is made easy with a strong securely designed Davitt-system, safe and secure in following seas (electrical manoeuvring from helm-station ensuring discreet management of the tender with the extension of the “Boom-Mast Arm”
- Front of deck : Lazaretto lockers (2) with 6 Fenders / 2x 5kg Composite Gas fibreglass bottles
- Escape Hatches fitted in forward heads (starboard / port) to allow crew to land on inverted trampoline in the event of capsize
- A 2-week training window on your yacht upon delivery at no extra charge will introduce the new owner to the Knysna 500SE – from equipment fitted to general boat-handling and anchoring. Very important for peace of mind before departing on major voyage.
- Sunbrella-type roll-down blinds/screens are fixed in the recesses in the arch of the Coachroof; takes a few seconds to set in place.
why choose us
Our love of sailing and extensive experience in shop fitting and architectural planning give us the expertise to customize the layout of our yacht’s interior, and creatively utilize every inch of space to meet the individual ‘lifestyle’ needs of our clients.Read More
15 Years Experience
Since 2002 we've been building catamaran yachts focusing on innovation, technology, creativity, craftsmanship, and safety. Ensuring we remain at the forefront of international yacht building companies in their class, delivering superior yachts.Read More
Our focus is not on volume, but on quality workmanship with exclusive boutique experience for our clients, building a limited number of yachts per year. We have on-going discussions relating to the style, performance and your budget expectations.Read More
why customers us!
We were about to order a sailing Cat from another builder when I was referred to Knysna Yacht Co by Colin Vianello, who bought hull 77, and was delighted with his purchase. I very much respected Colin’s opinion as he has owned another large Cat. I live in Australia and I would never have made such a significant investment with an overseas builder without the comfort of a respected referrer. I must say that from the day we made contact…
- Raymond Smith -
After 12 months of visiting various boatshows and looking at numerous catamarans we finally chose to have a Knysna 500SE custom built for us, mainly due to the boatbuilders ability to cater for our special requirements of customisation. After 12 months of building we were not dissapointed. Knysna Yacht Company managed to cater for nearly all of our unique requirements and the boat was delivered to us in November of 2012. Since then we have been cruising in the Indian…
- Heiko Niedermeier -
When the bunch of keys gets to big, we get restless and have the need to get out of the rutt. We did this before in 1998 and spent 2 1/2 years cruising the Indian ocean Islands on our first Catamaran "Ruby" a Dean 365, which was custom built for us. So when the bunch got too big again in 2013, it was time for our next adventure. From our previous experience, we knew exactly what we needed in our…
- Paul Greenwood -
Co-Owner SV-Catch My Drift
My wife, Ann, and I saw a Knysna yacht in Knysna and, having been aboard, fell in love with the design. A couple of years later we were very lucky to be able to place an order for the Knysna 500 SE and found both Kevin Fouche and his wife Rika to be incredibly patient and supportive throughout the building period and their after sales service is first class. We looked at many other catamarans of a similar size, but…
- Ann and Howard -
It’s easy to get caught up in the rat-race! As years of working life began passing in a blur of meetings, admin and many hours in airplanes, our fleeting moments of freedom happened all too seldom. But one such moment, an amazing and somewhat impromptu, yacht charter holiday in Madagascar with my adventure buddy Paul and our families, galvanised a long-held, but impossible desire to own a boat. Paul and I spent several years after that holiday visiting boat shows…
- Steve Erlank -
Co-Owner SV-Catch My Drift