Our finest boutique creation, the Knysna 500SE (Special Edition).
From the beginning the passionate mission of the Knysna Yacht Company has been to create an International reputation for building outstanding yachts as well as offering exceptional levels of customer satisfaction.
Knysna Yacht Company has a long list of achievements, not least of which is a string of satisfied catamaran owners – investors in the Knysna 440 and Knysna 480 models. Now, based on the success of the Knysna 480 – an excellent sailing vessel in its own right – the Knysna 500 SE model is destined to become an icon in the company’s continuing success story and will follow in the wake of her sistership’s history and popularity.
The new Knysna 500SE (Special Edition) model is a sporty, sleek 50-foot yacht with an arresting profile, presented in a total package of brilliant finishes, ultimate comfort, luxury and performance. The yacht is fully equipped as a ‘live aboard’ with practical fitted equipment to ensure this lifestyle. Limiting our production to a maximum of 4 yachts per year ensures the highest attention to detail can be achieved. Built to be robust, we give peace of mind to our boat-owners, regardless of where they choose to sail. And our close relationships with our clients ensure that the many customisation options, construction planning and execution, and even a better purchase price, are all to the benefit the owner.
The Knysna 500SE is a world-class yacht offering the benchmark in catamaran standards and boutique customisation, and is sure to appeal to multi-hull enthusiasts and adventurous blue water cruising yachtsman worldwide.
Modifications effected in our new Knysna 500 include (the following items are fitted as “standard” unless marked “optional”):
- Fitted with a 360 degree solid fibreglass Canopy (Spray -Dodger) with safety glass insert to ensure Captain can keep eyes on sails.
- 2x Electric winches to enable short-handed sailing – now fitted as standard.
- Dedicated halyard for lifting tender, hoist/lower dinghy with extended boom-arm.
- Marine Compass
- 7412 GARMIN chartplotter fitted as standard, 3x GMi 20 Display for wind, depth and speed.
- Garmin VHF / DSC 200i Radio
- Edson Steering wheel (dished) with leather cover (optional)
- 1x GHC 20 display for Autopilot
- Electric up/down switches for safe and easy anchoring
- Windlass chain counter can be fitted as optional
- Yanmar Engine Instrumentation
- Hydraulic steering
- All 4 points of the deck (bow/stern/ starboard/port) is visible from the helms-position, very important for safe docking in marina.
- 2x 57HP Yanmar common rail engines. Custom option to fit either on transom in engine compartment with access safety glass hatch OR can be fitted under aft bed-bunk.
Other Standard items include:
- Mast & Rigging Aluminium Natural Anodised / 2x sets of spreaders indicate strong quality build.
- TEAK catwalk with hidden “chain-guides”
- HARKEN Batt-Car System C
- DACRON Main Sail / Genoa Sail
- SCHENKER 100 L/p-h Modular Watermaker
- CLIMMA 16 000 BTU Air-conditioners (2)
- KOHLER 7kw Diesel Marine Generator (1)
- LEWMAR hatches
- HARKEN deckware incl 2x50.2 Radial Electric Winches / 5x 46.2 Radial Manual winches / 1x20.2 Radial Manual Winch.
- VETUS electric toilets – fresh water flush / no-smell sanitary hoses
- SPINLOCK rope clutches
- Pressured Freshwater pumps (2x interior) / Pressured Freshwater pump for deck wash
- Electric Bulge pumps (2) / Manual Bilge pumps (2) / Electric Greywater pumps (2)
- WINDLASS 1500 watts Quick
- U-Line Icemaker
- Cockpit Cooler Box
- DELTA 35kg Anchor / 10mm Calibrated Galvanised Chain 50 meters / 18mm Anchor Warp 30 meters
- Safety equipment SAMSA including EPIRB GME 403G / 8-man Liferaft / Lifejackets / Horseshoe (2) / Danbouy (1)
- BBQ Gas Braai fitted on TRANSOM with corian counter
- FISH platform for prepping freshly caught fish (optional)
- DEDICATED area for storing Liferaft with easy access
- Diving Ladder with hand-holds for safe boarding
- Transom Shower (Hot/cold)
- Launching the dinghy is made easy with a strong securely designed Davitt-system, safe and secure in following seas (electrical manoeuvring from helm-station ensuring discreet management of the tender with the extension of the “Boom-Mast Arm”
- Front of deck : Lazaretto lockers (2) with 6 Fenders / 2x 5kg Composite Gas fibreglass bottles
- Escape Hatches fitted in forward heads (starboard / port) to allow crew to land on inverted trampoline in the event of capsize
- A 2-week training window on your yacht upon delivery at no extra charge will introduce the new owner to the Knysna 500 – from equipment fitted to general boat-handling and anchoring. Very important for peace of mind before departing on major voyage.
- Sunbrella-type roll-down blinds/screens are fixed in the recesses in the arch of the Coachroof; takes a few seconds to set in place.
- A solid strong structure that is very functional and offers total protection over the entire cockpit, well finished with detailed headlining, well-lit and creates great atmosphere.
- 2x Safety Glass sliding hatches have been fitted which ensure good protection in bad weather as well as ventilation during sunny days.
- The Coachroof is a strong platform and gives great confidence to any sailor as it ensures safe sail-handling in any kind of weather conditions, from unzipping the stackpack, sail reefing and attending to the sheets and traveller.
- Practical platform; fit up to 8x 80 watts large “walk-on” type solar panels (798 x 695).
- The perfect platform for sunbathing & socializing besides that of the cockpit, foredeck and the trampolines.
- Another clever idea incorporated into the Coachroof is a neat raised lip detail along the outer edge of the Coach Roof which serves as a security handheld while walking on decks plus it also makes for a perfect rain water catchment!